This is a bit of a silly blog entry. It comes from posting on the Association of Bad Friends on Facebook.
I use txt messages a fair bit. I seldom plug commercial companies, but as someone who was horrified at how much international txting was costing me, I was delighted to find fishtext as a solution – with texts to my family and friends in NZ costing less than £0.02 each.
This is some txt abreviations dealing with particular Quaker concerns, phrases and situations
- CQUMB -“Chuckling Quietly Under My Breath”?
- PFMWHAMS “Please, Friends, May We Have A Moment of Silence?”
- CTCTF “Could Thee Clarify That, Friend?”
- ITGTHOOH! “I’m Trying To Get The H*** Out Of Here!”
- SER “Surreptitious Eye Roll”
- TIANTWNHOTM “That Is A Name Which Would NOt Have Occurred To Me”
- LYLS “Let your life speak”
- ITCR “Is the clock right?”
- YKSPTSTAW “You know she planned to say this all week.” (Referring to people who take the silence as a moment to deliver a sermonette.)
- TFSMM “That Friend speaks my mind”
- WDTVWDTBWDTDLS? texting for congregationalists in a Quaker Meeting — why don’t they vote, why don’t they baptize, why don’t they do Lord’s Supper?
- IIWNQ — If I was not Quaker!
- WICH? Who’s in charge here? Said by clergy from neighboring church, walking into Meeting in the midst of a crisis.
- FHTAALOTS? Friend, has thee any additional light on this subject?
Please feel free to contribute your own ideas!